Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fatal Attraction

...I knew it, I knew it!

Since I chose "fearlessly" as the theme for 2012 I have been bricking it. It must be one of those "laws of atraction". A fatal one, it seems.

First I found a little fluff in my bed and when to pick it up, it just "unballed" and it turn out to be a spider! Ok, you've guessed, spiders is in my list of fearful things. It's not as much fear as disgust, but still, it made it on my list. I felt so bad about killing it, but I just couldn't control myself.

Lucky for the second spider that I found this year (smaller and not in my bed), I managed to calmly take it by the treat of its own web & safely diposit it in my balcony. Slightly proud that I manage to keep my nerves under control & spare the poor creature's life. I am hoping this whole being kind to the universe and the universe will be kind to you starts kicking in soon...

Joking aside, despite of staring the year full of hopes and positivity, since choosing this blog's theme I have been engulfed (for lack of a better word) in this dark, hopeless feeling and I find myself constantly battling against it to keep my head afloat.

Help!

I'm trying to find the way of shaking this sinking feeling. Haven't figure out whether I have to confront it or just ignore it.

How do you battle fear?

In preparation (if it turns out that fighting is required), here is an initial list of some of my fears that I believe need addressing one way or another:
- spiders
- worries
- being alone
- being lost
- meeting new people
- trusting people
- lack of purpose
- wasting time
- feeling I'm a fraud
- what people might think
- feeling unprepared
-asking for things (in shops, directions...)
-confrontation
-being lazy
-...

I reserve the right to add more to it as they come to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment